Horwich Community Allotment is taking part in The Big Dig Edible Gardens Open Day on Saturday September 21st. We will be open between 11 am and 3 pm and everyone is welcome to visit.
- Look round the plot and see how well the crops have done this year;
- Chat with the volunteers about gardening, how the group works, and our skill-share events;
- Sample jams and other preserves made with allotment produce and talk about how to make your own jam;
- Guess the Weight of the Cake competition;
- Hot and cold drinks will be available, as well as a range of home-made cakes and biscuits, many made using allotment produce.
The group has been cultivating the allotment for over ten years but we always welcome new members. Whether you can come regularly or occasionally, and whatever your level of experience and skill growing food, we’ll be happy to see you.
We are situated on Lever Park Avenue, Horwich – next to the field with the llamas. For further information contact Linda Haslehurst on 01204 697223 or email@example.com.