The new website is now up on the server. Here’s how things work:
- If you have any suggestions for improvements to the site, let me know.
- The News page shows the latest posts. Anyone can comment on posts, but if you haven’t commented before, your reply won’t appear until I approve it. Anything nasty will be deleted!
- Only people with a username and password can post News items. Initially this is just the committee, but if you would like to write about the plot, let me know and I’ll sign you up.
- There are various options for posts, but you can ignore most of them if you like. The most useful is Format: Standard is for normal posts with text & pictures, Aside is for short text comments, and Gallery is for posts that are mostly photos.
- The Calendar is automatically updated from Linda’s & my shared allotment calendar and to-do list. If you think of any jobs or events, let one of us know.
- The Gallery shows all the photos that anyone has ever posted. Keep posting photos! Ideally, resize them to no more than 1024×1024 before uploading them, so that we don’t run out of space too quickly.
Let me know what you think!